In case you were not able to join us at "Meet the Teacher Night" here is a list of school supplies for your child:
- 2 Mead composition notebooks (no spirals)
- 2 plastic folders (1 blue, 1 green)
- 1 pack of Ticonderoga pencils
- 1 -24 package of crayons
- 1 pack of washable markers
- 1 pack of colored pencils
- 4 dry erase markers (black)
- 1 skinny dry erase marker
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 bottle of liquid glue
- 4 Large size glue sticks
- 2 Erasers
- 1 Plastic container with your child’s name on it for their supplies.
***Extra supplies will be kept in the classroom and available to all students to share.
- I will provide your child's homework folder this year! It will include a planner that your child will be expected to use to record his/her assignments. You can check it daily for homework information. I also included a parent survey that should be completed by you and sent back to school the next day. I use the survey's valuable information to get to know your child better and it helps me keep your child SAFE! :)This year our class will have a "Homework Club". It is our school's policy that homework is "practice without penalty" so I will not be recording grades for homework. However, your child is expected to complete all homework and turn it in when due. As incentive, our homework club will be a way that I record all completed assignments and your child can earn a monthly reward for their hardwork and responsibility to their learning.Homework to expect:*1 page of daily math practice - Due next day*Weekly spelling packets - Due Friday mornings*Monthly reading log - Due 1st day of each new month4th grade means letter grades!!!That's right! We will move to classice letter grades this year. The following is our grading scale:90% - 100%... A80% - 89%... B70% - 79%... C60% - 69%... D59% and below... FThis can be a difficult change for students and families. Please discuss the importance of trying your best, practicing your skills, completing homework, and asking questions when you don't understand. This will help ensure success in 4th grade!!!If you ever have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or drop by the classroom! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and the school phone number is (907) 742-1600.LET'S MAKE THIS A FANTASTIC YEAR!!! :) :) :)